As a manufacturer and supplier of aviation ground support equipment, AVRO GSE supports equipment throughout North America and knows the urgency of reducing downtime and understands the pressing need for immediate support and service in the aviation industry.
AVRO GSE operations are based in Emerald Park, SK just outside Regina where we undergo service and operational activities for all equipment categories and distribute throughout North America.
We are currently looking for a resourceful and competent service technician, possessing a demonstrated ability in heavy-duty mechanics or related equipment, and strong skill in troubleshooting, diagnostics and problem solving.
Position Location: Emerald Park, SK
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attending to incoming service tickets in close collaboration with customers including troubleshooting and resolving equipment breakdowns in the field at airports throughout North America.
- Collaborating with 3rd party repair centers where applicable and performs repair service where required on customer equipment in the field according to the service ticket.
- Attending to internal service orders relating to rental and stock equipment including PDI’s, equipment upgrades, preparation for sale and rental returns.
The ideal candidate will:
- Preferably possess a mechanical trade certification with related equipment.
- If required, be able to travel on short notice within North America to respond to service requests.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Be able to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Possess demonstrated ability to communicate & collaborate with people professionally.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and project management skills.
- Show a strong understanding of the operation, maintenance and repair of engine and electrical drive systems.
- Have three to five years of experience in mechanics and engine repair.
AVRO GSE offers a challenging work environment, competitive wage and benefit package and a strong commitment to continuous improvement and excellence. We continue to build a strong team that has depth in both personal leadership skills as well as industry related training and experience.