Work with Avro Team to meet internal and external customer requirements. The Shipper / Receiver is responsible for shipping and receiving daily operations, as well as further operational responsibilities as directed by Operations team located in Regina, SK. The position requires the ability to work in warehouse setting. With some periodic outdoor work. Must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
The Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for the following:
- Communicate any issues related to product quality or workplace safety.
- Learn about all our products and their use as well requirements of pieces and attachments to be packed and shipped.
- Inspect incoming goods against packing lists and record applicable data to provide to Shipping Manager.
- Learn about our powered equipment and the needs to prepare for shipment.
- Mechanical aptitude to do light maintenance/repairs on smaller wheeled powered equipment.
- Minimizes inventory shortages and improves inventory holdings.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy in material inventory.
- Under direct supervision, perform work activities and independently solve routine issues.
- Assist coordination of freight for all shipments in and out of warehouse.
- Responsible for warehouse cleanup and organization.
- Support other duties that may be assigned on an as-required basis.
- Exhibit initiative and responsibility.
- Packaging/palletizing of aluminum product & related items in coordination with Shipping Manager & Sales team.
- Receive all courier items and document as per system ensuring courier packages (envelopes and boxes) get to their intended recipient.
- Loading and unloading of product off of van trailers and flat decks using forklift below 3 tons.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes, work experience, and qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Class 5 drivers’ license
- Forklift experience is an asset
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in shipping & receiving service environment
- Mechanical repair experience is an asset
- ERP system experience is a plus
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Works well under pressure with ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Standard working conditions for a warehouse environment.
- Ability to physically inspect shipments and loads.
- Manual labor being able to lift 50lbs
- Some outside work required