The Cargo Dolly Assembler is responsible to assemble Avro cargo dollies safely, efficiently and to Avro quality standards.
Parts & Service Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – ‘WHY DOES MY POSITION EXIST’
- To assemble Avro cargo dollies as per approved drawings and procedures.
- Assemble cargo dollies within time budget
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – ‘HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH MY RESPONSIBILITIES’
- Read and interpret technical drawings & blueprints.
- Accurately lay out the work piece for efficient assembly of components.
- Perform the first level of quality control by inspecting the accuracy and quality of his/her work performed.
- Inform his/her superior when the work is ready for the next level of inspection.
- Create jigs or templates in order to speed up repeated processes and increase productivity.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Participate in daily shop clean up at shift’s end.
- Perform other assigned work as required.
- Attends all scheduled meetings as well as meetings required for production.
- Perform administrative duties as directed by Manager.
KPI’S – ‘WHAT ARE EXPECTED RESULTS’
- Agreed upon schedule is maintained.
- Zero Safety Incidents.
- Hours consumed aligned to job time budget
- Zero rework.
KEY ATTRIBUTES, WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly drawings and understand how the various views work together.
- Developed capacity to determine the most sensible sequence of fitting to prevent unnecessary steps.
- Understanding of basic mathematics and geometrics.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Forklift ticket and/or proof of minimum 1year experience
- Standard mechanical shop working conditions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift weights up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay