As a manufacturer and supplier of aviation ground support equipment, AVRO GSE supports equipment throughout North America and knows the urgency of reducing downtime and understands the pressing need for immediate support and service in the aviation industry.
AVRO GSE operations are based in Emerald Park, SK just outside Regina where we undergo service and operational activities for all equipment categories and distribute throughout North America.
We are currently looking for a resourceful and competent service technician, possessing a demonstrated ability in heavy duty mechanics and maintenance.
Position Location: Emerald Park, SK
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attending to incoming service tickets in close collaboration with customers including troubleshooting and resolving equipment breakdowns in the field at airports throughout North America.
- Attending to internal service orders relating to rental and stock equipment including PDI’s, equipment upgrades, preparation for sale and rental returns.
- Assist journeymen mechanic as required
- Assist with equipment body repairs and painting.
The ideal candidate will:
- If required, be able to travel on short notice within North America to respond to service requests.
- Be able to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Possess demonstrated ability to communicate & collaborate with people professionally.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and project management skills.
- Show a strong understanding of the operation, maintenance and repair of engine and electrical drive systems.
Typically, the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through a minimum one (1) to two (2) years’ experience performing equipment maintenance, servicing, or minor mechanical repairs. Technical courses or training in a mechanical repair field or approved trade standing as an apprentice in the mechanical repair trade would be an asset.
AVRO GSE offers a challenging work environment, competitive wage and benefit package and a strong commitment to continuous improvement and excellence. We continue to build a strong team that has depth in both personal leadership skills as well as industry related training and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$48.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Masks required – if required by customer when on customer’s site
- Equipment repair: 1 year (preferred)
- Journeyman (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)